• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

.Pole Command?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
I have decided to use the .pole command in Richwell, rather than a freeobj every 50m, to save time and space. However, the pole which appears seems to be a BVE default, which doesn't fit in with my route, and needs to be modified or changed to be able to look right in the route. I found the files for the pole objects in the C:\Program Files\BVE4\default directory, but can't edit them, as they are .x format, not csv or b3d. Is there any way of converting them to csv or b3d, or even replacing the file with another .x file (which will have been converted to .x from csv using Structure Viewer...?)

Thanks guys,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

leezer3

Pretty simple really ;)
The object you wish to use with the pole command should be delared like this:
Code:
.pole(0) [b]Example\Example\Pole1.b3d[/b]

I don't believe it matters where you put this, as long as its before the final route start command.

Cheers

Chris Lees

The Snap

Established Member
leezer3 said:
Pretty simple really ;)
The object you wish to use with the pole command should be delared like this:
Code:
.pole(0) [b]Example\Example\Pole1.b3d[/b]

I don't believe it matters where you put this, as long as its before the final route start command.

Cheers

Chris Lees

I thought of that, but it isn't listed on the Virtual Rail guide, so assumed it wasn't a code. If I place the .pole indexes under the .dikes, and before the .freeobj, I will be OK, wont I?

Also, how to you specify which pole you want to use, as the command has five sections, but the VR guide only tells you four of them.

Cheers Chris!

leezer3

You forget the guide on Virtual-Rail is for BVE 2x where you couldn't change the pole type ;)

This is Mackoy's explanation of the pole command:
Mackoy said:
Track.Pole (Index; Type; Locate; Distance; IdxStType)

Index: Railroad track number (0 - 15)
Type: Type {0: Single line | 1: Double track | 2: 3 lines | 3: Double 々 line} (abbreviation: It does not modify)
Locate: Direction for single line {-1: The left pillar | 1: The right pillar}, or travelling position above double track (0: Most the left, abbreviation: It does not modify)
Distance: Installation interval [ m ] {25 | 50} (abbreviation: It does not modify)
IdxStType: Structure index (abbreviation: It does not modify)

So, the first parameter is the track number, the second is the number of lines (But no-longer used), the third is left/ right on a single track (Again, not used), the 4th is the spacing (Not used again!) and the 5th & final parameter is the pole index number.

At least thats how I interpret the translation, have a play.

Chris Lees

The Snap

Established Member
Works now, and it is really good - don't have to place an object every 50m! :D

Stooopid

Planet Stooopid (5 Earth Seconds = 1 Stooopid Day)
leezer3 said:
You forget the guide on Virtual-Rail is for BVE 2x where you couldn't change the pole type ;)
You actually could change it in BVE2... It's the same command for BVE4.

But when you specify it in your structure section, you have to specific it like this

Pole(Track;IdxStType) 0 ~ 15

overhead wire pole.
Track is the number of tracks how many the pole cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.