• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Police don't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miami

Established Member
It annoys me how many police can suddenly be found to do the work of private security for football matches yet they are apparently really stretched doing the job they are supposed to do.

I assume the football grounds pay a substantial contribution to the police budget, thus funding more police for the rest of us.

However crowd control of thousands of people, for whatever reason, it one of the things we pay our taxes for.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The last time I visited A&E I had dislocated my ankle and so couldn't walk but still got a taxi. Expecting an ambulance because somebody bit your finger is simply ridiculous.

Last time I saw an ambulance I'd been knocked off my bike. When I regained conciousness the ambulance was already there, it was very embarrassing, especially when they insisted on taking me to hospital.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.