• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Police Officer shows his vice

Status
Not open for further replies.

eos

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Police_officer_caught_taking_pictures_news_287791.html

Next time you have troubles fotting at a station , point the accusers at this article..
police.low2.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aictos

Established Member
Is it me but I'm sure they're not police constables but actually Police Community Support Officer's as actually labelled in the original article, ;)

There is a big difference between the two apart from the same uniform, PCSO's can't arrest anyone yet but need to wait for a PC or WPC to attend the scene as one example.

CCF23

Good picture but i think it's good that a non-enthusiast is showing some sort of interest. Anyway whenever i've had a problem at a station it's never been to do with any form of police officer only ever a member of staff who doesn't know the rules and regs of their job.

adamp

Its a steam, has anyone ever been stopped by police when taking photos of a steam engine?

Established Member
If you ever see a police officer go up to him/her and say can you stop taking photos its against the station rules

Its not the police (copper is such a chav word) that cause problems its the jobsworth staff who make it up as they go along (there is no e in taking)

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
lol. Copper is not a chav word at all. Neither is Guvnor, etc.

I agree with you too,it is not a chavs word at-all.

But really it comes down to how you were brought up and how like you to pronounce things and what words you dont like to use to for things while others speak diffrently and call diffrent things diffrent stuff.

Anyway "Copper" is not a chavs word what chavs call police are "Feds" and dont worry how I know but I aint a chav!:D

GB

Established Member
I guess "the old bill" is probably more chav than anything else when refering to the Police.

Gangs and "hardnuts" from what I have seen like to call them Five-0 (because they are rock hard and cool:roll:) which I believe is also US import due to the TV series Hawaii Five-0

Rozzers, thats the good old fashioned english word for the fuzz. just watch the classic english film the great St Trinians train robbery. Use it all the all

Established Member
No, the Feds are what the Americans call them.

yup :D, yet more ownage :lol:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Its a steam, has anyone ever been stopped by police when taking photos of a steam engine?

errr, dare I say Tornado! nope they dont get stopped they get removed and/or arrested ive seen and heard many stories about people being wayyy to close to the line when a steamer has gone past and when Tornado did its first few runs 2 stoats almost got drilled by a GC HST, it was all over the net but the vid of them doing it has gone now.

Actually, neither the Americans nor Chavs call Police feds.

Americans are quite likely to call them 'pigs' (which I detest) or 'cops'. Brits tend to call them 'the old bill', 'coppers', 'bobbies' 'blues n twos' and scots tend to just go 'errapolis' before promptly chucking the buckie bottle in the canal and swaggering off. (only my scottish friends here will understand that)

Feds are what the Americans call FBI, or they may use it to refer to non uniformed police i.e., the higher ranked fellas who drive big cars and mean business. Fed or feds is short for federal, as in, the federal bureau of investigation.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
37401, explain this colloquial meaning of 'stoats'. Last I heard a stoat was a furry animal.

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Dreadful!!!

The best bit is at 01:04 , "mate, I'm a District Line instructor, you are allowed to take pictures on stations" !

Also, someone familiar seemed to be enjoying himself at the rear window ;) :D

Gavelex

Dreadful!!!

The best bit is at 01:04 , "mate, I'm a District Line instructor, you are allowed to take pictures on stations" !

Also, someone familiar seemed to be enjoying himself at the rear window ;) :D

And he trained by the IO that jumped out to suport us:D

Two of LUL's quickest drivers<D

Status
Not open for further replies.