• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Police Travel Scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Skuse

Hey Everyone. I was told by a few colleagues and a mate in BTP that this can be a good place to get answers to travel related questions.

I've been an Officer in the Met Police for nearly a year and a half now. I have a Police issued Oyster card and I am part of the ATOC scheme. I've never had a problem using the rail pass but my oyster however keeps on playing up. At most stations I've taped my card as normal, get a green light and the gate swings open. However sometimes I get a red light and the error message code 30, which I was told meant card disabled, even though it has just been used and it'll be working again in a few hours. I've got a new card issued yesterday and I'm having the same problem. I've had to explain the situation to a member of staff and show my Warrant card and luckily he let me through. Could it have something to do with the fact that I've changed departments or something else. I'm not really an expert. I'd appreciate any help as I'm not getting much from both Met HR and the TFL police oyster helpline.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Geswedey

Are you trying to use it again within a short period of time at the same station that can cause a failure mode but not sure if it is code 30

Jack Skuse

I tried tapping a few times and got code 30, went out of the station and got on a bus, tapped again and got a green light

Bensonby

Is it a case of card clash? I’ve had the same sort of thing before when I touch my ATOC smart card instead of my Oyster by accident. I keep my ATOC card behind the metal badge and the Oyster in the flap that actually covers the warrant card.

nuts & bolts

If your Oyster is being presented (tap) through a clear plastic wallet/window, sometimes the card reader will throw up an error or failed message. Try using it out of wallet to confirm this.

With regard to help, next time you see any TFL revenue staff ask them for assistance.

Finally does your Oyster have a visible number shown, you could try and (if allowed) create an account/register it: tfl.gov.uk/oyster

Doing so will give you access to online Oyster customer services @ tfl.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.