• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Policy on using Elsenham tickets to and from Stansted Airport and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

traintickets

I just have some questions about tickets as below:

• Are tickets to/from Elsenham to/from London Liverpool Street or London Terminals or London Zones 1 to 6 Travelcard (or to/from any of the many intermediate stations between Stansted Mountfitchet and London Liverpool Street) valid for travel to and from Stansted Airport?

• Are tickets to/from Stansted Airport to/from London Liverpool Street or London Terminals or London Zones 1 to 6 Travelcard (or to/from any of the many intermediate stations between Stansted Mountfitchet and London Liverpool Street) valid for travel to and from Elsenham?

Now if there were direct trains between Elsenham and Stansted Airport and between Stansted Airport and Elsenham than the answer to both of these questions would definitely be yes. I am sure that everyone would agree that the answer would be yes. This is basic ticketing rules.

However unfortunately this is not the case and these two stations are a very rare case (i think there are only a very few other examples) of two stations that are next to each other not having any direct trains at all.

So what is the answer to those two questions? Are they valid to and from these stations (tickets to and from Elsenham being valid to/from Stansted Airport and tickets to/from Stansted Airport being valid to/from Elsenham) or are they not?

These would definitely be valid if there were direct trains so this makes me think that they are still valid. Because as far as i am aware routings are not based on train timetables. But i am still not entirely sure.

Does anyone know the answer to this? What are the official rules and policies regarding this? Is there even a clear answer anywhere? Does anyone have any more information?

Thank you very much for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Put your intended journey, with via points, into nationalrail.co.uk or any train company's ticketing website.

If results are shown as being valid (on one ticket, not a combination) then the route is permitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.