• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Polish E-Ticket Question, blank fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielson00

Hi,

I've just bought some tickets online for a journey from Katowice to Oświęcim for next week. However the tickets emailed to me have an asterix in several of the fields (attached).

Is this for me to fill in, or is it some magic ticket that is ok to use during the timeframe stated.

Anyhow, they were only £2.50 so it's not the end of the world!

Thanks, Daniel

polishEticket.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I think that's because the reservation fields are not relevant because it's not a compulsory reservation train (the text at the bottom appears to describe the local journey, though I don't speak Polish). It's an odd layout though, DB would write in those fields and omit the time.

I don't *think* you will have a problem.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
I've had tickets like that, it just means those fields are irrelevant/unrestricted.
I hope, like I did, you get the guard on that route who used to live in Reading...

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I had tickets with fields just like that earlier this year, but they were issued from a ticket office.

It isn't train specific, but as you can see the ticket has validity 14:41-16:41 only, to prevent re-use.

oldman

The bottom box beginning JEDNORAZOWY says:
Valid on the section bounded by the stations Oswiecim-Katowice. The small print says you need photo ID for the owner of the ticket.

It's a ticket for a zone rather than between two particular stations. Your journey happens to cover the whole section.

Status
Not open for further replies.