• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

POLL: How do you like your route files?

How do you like your route files?

• One file with alternative trains commented out

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Three separate ready-to-run files

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

eezypeazy

In the upcoming new version of Tyne Valley for BVE 4 (and which is drivable in openBVE), I'm including a Railtour route file, based on real timings for a tour from eighteen months ago. It will be configured for the class 47, the Deltic and 37901.

My question is, how do you like your route files? Is one file, with two of the trains "commented out" with semicolons at the top of the file, acceptable and easy enough? Or would you like me to include the route file three times, each for a different loco?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bill EWS

Great to hear that the latest Tyne Valley update is getting close to publication. Just my opinion but unless you just want to run one 'preferred' loco on a route then a single file is ideal but if you wish to change locos/units now and again you will still need to save those also. As some people may not undestand how to edit a train file, to make things easy for them from the start then three files with the most used locos/units working the Tyne Valley would seem reasonable.

Aictos

Established Member
Three separate files for me please as I could download the Deltic file but run a 31 on it which wouldn't have the same performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.