• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Polmadie Voyager"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
I like it, a pendolino will be put in Alstom vinyls soon for a press thing at Euston I think

Fincra5

Established Member
I like it, a pendolino will be put in Alstom vinyls soon for a press thing at Euston I think

That would be interesting to see, I honestly have no idea what it would look like :)

sprinterguy

Established Member
The nameplate has been placed in a strange position-Why didn't they put it in the usual mid train position where there's a lot more space, instead of squeezing it in by a door. Is it even an actual plate? Or is it a vinyl nameplate? It seems a tad small to be a proper cast plate.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I think the name is a stick on for whatever the promotion is.

I thought 221115 was named "Sir Francis Chichester", on a blue 'Super Voyager' logo plate, the name on that red 'plate' is "Polmadie Depot"

sprinterguy

Established Member
It was named "Sir Francis Chichester", but 221114 to 221117 lost their nameplates whilst in use with Arriva Crosscountry at the very start of their franchise, before they transferred back to Virgin. So 221115 has been nameless for a while.

I think the name "Polmadie" looked better on an 87, on a proper cast plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.