• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pool Code!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprog

Established Member
This afternoon on the way back from college, while i was happily flying along towards Yate at 50 on my Little Piaggio Typhoon moped, when suddenly my primary drivebelt decided to snap! Oh dear, the engine is running but i aint going nowhere! :sign12:

So after a few quick phonecalls, i was recused by my mum who was lukcily close, and then my peddy was rescused by my freind in his Transit!

Because all the Scooter shops are cr@p my way, they where all shut, so i have to wait untill tomoroow to fix my baby! :(

This, by the way, is what my drivebelt looked like after id had sneapped at 50mph!!

Moped_DriveBelt.jpg

Nasty aye!?

We where still picking teeth and bits of rubber out after an hour!!

So im stranded at home tonight, not able to go anywhere really!

And im soooo bored (and sad!!? :lol: ) that i decided to call my breakdown a 'failiure', and thus class my m/bike as 'unservicable'! !:| :help:

And then i got thinking, i think it deserves a Pool Code, and a depot allocation! :shock: :angry3: yes i do hate myself now! :lol:

So, ive deceided to allocate it too

Pool: WNFK (F**ked ;) <D and

Depot: YA [Yate] (on TOPS!?) and 79Y [79 = ;), Y = Yate] (oldschool!! 8) )

Anyway, yes, im gonna go and get my coat and scarf. The taxi is waiting to take me to my padded cell! :lol::tongue10: :thumbrig: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sprog

Established Member
Ohh, as just suggested by Mr. Jammy, an alternative pool code would be FUKT or FUCT

8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

T

Tom

Sprog, your bike unfortunately was built by Alstom Birmingham. It's part of the Juniper fleet... :lol:

T

Tom

I've just found this in TRUST...

Code:
145001 YA T/TFR arr 07-11 19:21

Sprog

Established Member
Make sure to fill out your drivers report for the delay attribution etc ;)

And make an entry in the fault book! ;)

----------------------------------------------
VEHICLE #: 145001
DRIVER: T.HAMPSON
TIME/DATE: 17.00 , 07/11/06

FAULT:

"NO FORWARD MOTION, EVEN WITH ENGINE ON FULL POWER. SUSPECTED BROKEN DRIVEBELT"

ACTION TAKEN:

"TESTED ON DEPOT, NO FAULT FOUND"

:roll: :lol: :lol:

TheSlash

Established Member
Ah Sprog, i see you have learnt the first phrase of a fitter then :D
The next phrase to learn is "Let run for further reports" 8-)

paul1609

Established Member
Hi Sprog,
My push bike had a failure on Monday night, Just coming into Gosport Station on the Fareham to Gosport branch when there was a loud crack from the back. Quick investigation that the FGW maintenance regime (never do any maintenance whatsoever) had taken its toll and the back axle had snapped taking out the rear wheel. Had to drive in the pick up truck to work the last 2 days.
However I have in association with my Rosco (Bank of Scotland credit card) decided to introduce new rolling stock to the route tomorrow;
http://www.foldingbikes.co.uk/dahon_jack.htm and it should be back to bike- train-ferry-bike again tomorrow!

Nat the Ned

"TESTED ON DEPOT, NO FAULT FOUND"

I like the "CANNOT RECREATE FAULT ON DEPOT".

Normally follows a complaint such as 'High pitched whistling sound from cab door when travelling above 60mph", how many trains do they test on depot above 60mph??

Canton are the world leaders in 'NO FAULT FOUND' repairs.

Another typical Canton trick is if a unit has a fault they cannot fix and gets reported over and over again, they remove the repair book from the unit and issue a new one. Then staff can't see its been reported 350 times and they've done f**k all about it...

Check out 150234 running on the Falmouth Branch, doors B1+B2 in the 57 coach are locked out of use, have been for a good 20 days now..........

TheSlash

Established Member
Lookout, the drivers have rumbled another fitters trick, change the defect book and see if the fault goes away :rr:

Death

Established Member
Hail all! <D
Well...I will confess that I don't know much about pool numbers at all (Will look 'em up on Wikipedia when I get the chance!) but I've got something along these lines to add, although it's not exactly rail related.

There was a memorable occasion back in August when I was taking an evening Ryanair flight from Luebeck Blankensee to London Stansted following an excellent Wacken festival. Throughout the flight, the plane was flying OK, but kept dropping at a steady rate and had to be pulled up by the pilot every so often. At the end of the flight I asked the pilot why this was, and to answer my question he passed me the aircrafts fault sheet. This read as follows:
Ryanair plane fault sheet said:
RYANAIR AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE - FAULT REPORT FORM
(All entries to be as specific as possible, with all dates/times stated in GMT.)

Time: \ Reported by: \ Description:
... [A few other minor entries] ...
14:32 \ Pilot: A. Pers \ Auto-pilot in altitude hold mode produces 200ft per minute decent.
16:06 \ Ground svcs \ Cannot reproduce this problem on ground.
Therefore, I dare say that it isn't just limited to FGW, Canton and Arriva then! :tongue3:

If I was assigning a pool number to this aircraft, the code "FR-FUBAR-NORM" would be the one I'd probabally choose! :D

Farewell... <D
>> Death <<

Nat the Ned

Another great Canton repair was on a class 158 which had a WSP (wheel slip protection) fault as the WSP fault light was lit up. This was rectified by removing the bulb from the fault lamp. I kid you not!

devon_metro

Established Member
Another great Canton repair was on a class 158 which had a WSP (wheel slip protection) fault as the WSP fault light was lit up. This was rectified by removing the bulb from the fault lamp. I kid you not!

:lol: Sounds like Canton!

Much 'tape' about?

Sprog

Established Member
What is exp OK date showing on TOPS for your moped at the moment!?

OK date was 8/11/06 @ approx 2000.

After Ped-Part ;)) :lol:) delivered my new drivebelt to stores (17 bloody quid!!!), and abit of tinkering after college on Wednesday night, my baby was back on the road and good as she was. Well, kinda. The new belt is abit wider than the old, so acceleration is a tad sluggish, but smoother, BUT, i hahve a higher top-end speed, so alls good!

Its status at the mo:

Code:
 LOCO   POOL  ORIGIN      LAST LOCN    COM  DESTN       STA  NX WTT
 145001  FUOK  PARNALLCRES   PARNALLCRES    N                 PK   SPROG

And its next Allox is:

Code:
 LOCO   POOL  ORIGIN      LAST LOCN    COM  DESTN       STA  NX WTT
 145001  FUOK  PARNALLCRES   070S30YA11   F    DORSETWAY OP    SPROG   1S30

PARNALLCRES = My g/fs street
DORSETWAY = My street
PK = Parked, OP = Operational

8-)