• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Poole To Eastleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techlance

Hi i was wondering if there is such a thing as like a Day rover i know you can get 3 day rover used in a 7 day period.

I have a 16-25 Railcard and would like to go to Eastleigh but also stop off at southampton and leave the station to pop to Ikea.

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
You could buy a normal STD ticket for Poole - Eastleigh.

I.e a Off Peak day return - the restriction code for this flow from Poole - Eastleigh is UQ http://brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=POO&dest=ESL&rlc= &rte=0&ldn=0&tkt=CDR

This would allow Break of Journey, this means you can go to Ikea and then catch a train to Eastleigh later on if you wish.

The only time when it is not allowed would be that if the restriction applied to the ticket did not allow it, even if the ticket did say you weren't allowed to break your journey except to change trains, you are still permitted to use station facilities

But on this ticket you are fine to do what you have described you wished to do.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Techlance

You could buy a normal STD ticket for Poole - Eastleigh.

I.e a Off Peak day return - the restriction code for this flow from Poole - Eastleigh is UQ http://brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=POO&dest=ESL&rlc= &rte=0&ldn=0&tkt=CDR

This would allow Break of Journey, this means you can go to Ikea and then catch a train to Eastleigh later on if you wish.

The only time when it is not allowed would be that if the restriction applied to the ticket did not allow it, even if the ticket did say you weren't allowed to break your journey except to change trains, you are still permitted to use station facilities

But on this ticket you are fine to do what you have described you wished to do.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Excellent Thank You

I get so confused when Break of journey is allowed etc.

wintonian

Established Member
Break of journey is allowed on all buy on the day tickets down here, although there are a handful of longer distance (mainly around north Wales I think) super off-peaks where it's not.

Ivo

Established Member
As a *general* rule of thumb, if you do a search for a ticket you desire and find an "8A" restriction (used commonly by ATW), or is an Advance, BoJ is not permitted. If you do not find said restriction, and said ticket is not an Advance, it is permitted. This is by no means a concrete rule though.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
8A is a legacy from the old Saver fare and was commonly used in areas outside Network SouthEast, hence they can be found in many places and not necessarily restricted to one area.

wintonian

Established Member
8A is a legacy from the old Saver fare and was commonly used in areas outside Network SouthEast, hence they can be found in many places and not necessarily restricted to one area.

and It's becoming a rarity. :(

island

Veteran Member
Still exists on a very few odd journeys in the NSE area, anywhere on the Dartford loop to Gatwick should be 8A.

Status
Not open for further replies.