• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Porterbrook donate two HST Power Cars to the 125Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tempest3K

I've spotted a few posts with 'assumptions' and 'hopes that more info will be posted here' - if you are eager for information, can I please suggest joining the group and supporting their activities? Information is generally released via the OTF members magazine or emails to members before entering the public domain! https://www.125group.org.uk/join

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Monty

Established Member
Your use of “undoubtedly” suggests otherwise.

Considering the goals of the 125 group, it's not unreasonable to expect they will obtain additional HST trailers in the future.

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member
I am pleased to hear this. While I’ve never been a fan of the trains, believing them to be uncomfortable and dated compared to newer stock such as the 390, it cannot be denied that they’ve done good service over the years and are definitely a major part of British Railway History.

fgwrich

Established Member
Considering the goals of the 125 group, it's not unreasonable to expect they will obtain additional HST trailers in the future.

Indeed, more so with the East Midlands sets gradually facing a windown from service over the next year or two.

Whatever the outcome is, I'm sure this at the top of the group have their plans in hand. I wouldn't say it's unreasonable for some re-engineering to be carried out on some of the existing HST & LHCS Mk3s to make them work with each other either.

Status
Not open for further replies.