• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Portsmouth - Cardiff diagram wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
hi all,

I noticed in FGW's TT 5 that until 9 september, there was an 07xx SuO from Portsmouth - Cardiff calling at (nearly!) all stops (150 probably).

Anyway I noticed there is an 0709 SuO running from Pompey - cardiff from the 16th running fast from Romsey - Westbury, but Romsey had 0806a in the column.
There was an arrival time at Westbury at 0930 or something. But this was all in the same column and apparently it terminates at Romsey and another train starts at westbury?!

so two questions:

- Why is there two services in the same column, maybe an error in seperating the column? but..

- why is there an arrival AND departure time (in bold) at Westbury??

I gather then this isnt the one and only unit I hoped that would pass Salisbury and Warminster on a Sunday?

thanks,
James

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nat the Ned

The new printed timetable books are riddled with errors where times have slipped columns, the Devon & Cornwall one gives interesting new Waterloo to Keyham and Newcastle to Liskeard services if you believe whats printed. The times have however moved columns, theres also:
Penzance to Plymouth, first stop Gunnislake.
HST calling on request at Dockyard.
Virgin Adelante services....
Truro to Exmouth first stop Newton Abbot.

Another First success...................

Jim

Established Member
The new printed timetable books are riddled with errors where times have slipped columns, the Devon & Cornwall one gives interesting new Waterloo to Keyham and Newcastle to Liskeard services if you believe whats printed. The times have however moved columns, theres also:
Penzance to Plymouth, first stop Gunnislake.
HST calling on request at Dockyard.
Virgin Adelante services....

We at Westbury thought Wessex made a pigs eaar of it!

Jim

Established Member
IF things are the same as now roughly then The correct SuO working is:

07XX Portsmouth - Romsey 080X
080X Romsey - Brighton
then the Brighton - Cardiff that forms the 1408 from Trowbridge

0945 Frome - Cardiff Central

I belive anyway

devon_metro

Established Member

All very good if you want a fast service to Newton Abbot. ;)

Does seem a bit rubbish! Seems the morning CDF-PNZ workings have gone with the 0947 off NA ex CDF (Old TT) now coming from EXM which is useful :roll:

Nat the Ned

From this great timetable change there are no through trains between Cornwall and Wales whatsoever, Devon retains a 04:57 Exeter St.Dvds to Cardiff and that is its only service to or from Wales!!

Also lost is the direct link from Cornwall/Devon to Southampton/Portsmouth.

Progress!

PS - will check those Sunday paths for you Jim........

Jim

Established Member
Penzance - Portsmouth - Gone
Gloucester - Penzance - Gone

Arriva crew - staying

Apprentally (don't know how good this is) there is 1 canton turn (as they will still be doing FGW trains) which is:

Book On
Taxi to SPM
First Bristol - Portsmouth then 0922 from Portsmouth back to Cardiff

I can see the point in that, but I can't see the point of FGW starting the 0637 (SO) Trowbridge - Portsmouth (Westbury Crew) back at Bristol, but, you guessed it, Westbury crew are still said to be doing it, with a taxi to Bristol in the morning!

Also, from what I have heard, Gloucester Crew are now doing ALL the Severn Beech services instead of Bristol Crew!

1 more thing, before I get too carried away, so I have heard, Gloucester crew have 6 diagrams that involve Taxi's, brilliant isn't it!

Nat the Ned

Arriva crew staying until April, then it will all move back in house with FGW. FGW are probably running more taxis for crew than trains in Cornwall at least. Other depots are to loose route knowledge including Exeter to longer signing Gunnislake, think Gloucester also loose Exeter and Newton Abbot work?

n

Status
Not open for further replies.