• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinko

hi i have run the portsmouth line and there is no signals, does anyone no why.cheers hinko:(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
It could have been an unopened gift, therefore not illegal.

This sounds like an anti-piracy tactic that I've seen used before. They make the game playable but broken in some way (in this case missing signals) in the hope that the person who has the illegal copy of the game will contact them with the error. They can then tell the person "oh dear it appears you have a pirate CD-Key! Here is how you can get a real CD-Key..."

Not saying that this is the case here or that the developers of RW have adopted this method of protection but it certainly sounds similar.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
I originally thought that £24.99 was expensive, but now I haven't looked back since buying the PDL expansion pack, the scenarios and free-roam makes it all worth it, the amount of hours that I have played and will play on that will definitely justify paying for it.

Darandio

Established Member
New lighting assets and effects implemented along the route. Class 450 upgraded to TS2012 standard with rain and headlights etc etc.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Sounds interesting, any chance they'll have fixed the power curve on the 450 because right now it seem to go like lightening up to about 20mph and from then on struggles to pick up any speed (certainly I've never got it up to 100mph).

Laryk

Sounds interesting, any chance they'll have fixed the power curve on the 450 because right now it seem to go like lightening up to about 20mph and from then on struggles to pick up any speed (certainly I've never got it up to 100mph).

Non-stop from Guildford-Haslemere at 60mph max is not very enjoyable :c

I do hope it gets fixed. The 455 add on has much more realistic handling.

Edit: I got the 450 up to 90mph between Woking-Guidlford, so they must have made a sneaky update a while back. Still sluggish though.

Last edited:

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Has the update come out yet? If so I'm not seeing it when logging into Steam to launch the game!

chris89

Established Member
Has the update come out yet? If so I'm not seeing it when logging into Steam to launch the game!

Sadly delayed a week now.

PORTSMOUTH DIRECT LINE UPGRADE NEWSFLASH: we will now be upgrading the 4CIG Add-On along with the PDL. This means ALL DLC available with scenarios on the PDL (4VEP, 4CIG, Class 455, Class 444 and Class 33) will be upgraded to TS2012 standards, along with the route. This will involve additional development and testing time, so we will not be bringing you the PDL upgrade this week as planned. However, we hope all PDL (and 4CIG) owners will be very pleased with the result! The upgrades are free to current owners of the DLC.

From RSC facebook wall.

Chris

Darandio

Established Member
On the bright side, we do get more updated stock, and stock that will run on the route. As the 450 was being done as part of the upgrade, it actually makes sense because we will then have the full set of current PDL useable stock with the features.

Status
Not open for further replies.