• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

[Portugal] Old locomotive will be refurbished back to operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sans Pareil

Thanks @Giugiaro again. Before I saw your reply I already had phoned CP from GB (I dont want to see the cost for 30 mins of calling internationally!) My wife is pregnant so understandably stressed by the situation. CP's comments on the phone match with yours, so hopefully this means we can relax a little having reservations on Servicos Minimos IC730.

Train also booked Lisbon>Faro and so far not on/near a strike day. Now to look forward to a Class 1400+Schindler trip along the Douro Valley on the 15th!

Final question if i may. If we have a ticket Oriente>Faro but wish to board at Entrecampos instead on the day is that allowed or must you board/leave the train exactly as printed on the ticket? I know some tickets in some countries you must, others are more relaxed!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Giugiaro

Final question if i may. If we have a ticket Oriente>Faro but wish to board at Entrecampos instead on the day is that allowed or must you board/leave the train exactly as printed on the ticket?

From what I've read, the only disposition I've found is against breaks of journeys, even with non-reservation tickets.

AFAIK it should be fine.

JKF

Excuse my ignorance but what are the Arcos?
Intercity coaching stock bought from Spain for scrap value a couple of years ago and refurbished locally to a high standard. A cheap way of resolving stock shortages but it’s taken a while. Think the bogies are suitable for 200km/h though won’t be running at that speed.

Richard Scott

Established Member
Intercity coaching stock bought from Spain for scrap value a couple of years ago and refurbished locally to a high standard. A cheap way of resolving stock shortages but it’s taken a while. Think the bogies are suitable for 200km/h though won’t be running at that speed.
Thank you, thought that might be what they were but wasn't sure. Where are they going to be used? What will be hauling them?

JKF

Thank you, thought that might be what they were but wasn't sure. Where are they going to be used? What will be hauling them?
I think mainly on the line north of Porto up to Vigo which was electrified a couple of years ago, with class 2600 (’nez casse’ or ’broken nose’) electric locos. I think this will include services that run through Porto south to Figuera (and possibly Lisbon?). They look pretty smart externally.

Richard Scott

Established Member
I think mainly on the line north of Porto up to Vigo which was electrified a couple of years ago, with class 2600 (’nez casse’ or ’broken nose’) electric locos. I think this will include services that run through Porto south to Figuera (and possibly Lisbon?). They look pretty smart externally.
Ok, thanks, replacing existing Corail type coaches but using the same locos as currently? Is the border to Vigo 25kV then? If 3kV then will need different locos?

Chriso

The 2600’s look great . Caught this at Porto Sao Bento last month

Attachments

• F6E8555A-F826-431F-8F98-7E5F674F9E3B.jpeg
    F6E8555A-F826-431F-8F98-7E5F674F9E3B.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 50

Richard Scott

Established Member
Passing out propaganda, because the Arco coaches started service today!

Excellent will be in Portugal in a couple of weeks around Porto so will I be able to experience these?
If 1424 and 1461 can be made to disappear in favour of other 1400s that will be even better!!

Giugiaro

Good morning @Richard Scott

The Arcos will operate on the InterRegional trains between Porto and Valença and the one sole IR train between Figueira da Foz and Valença (via Porto).

Six cars are in regular service, although the three from the 3rd batch should leave the workshops today.
When you arrive in Portugal, the Arcos will do all IR services on that line if nothing goes wrong.

Richard Scott

Established Member
Good morning @Richard Scott

The Arcos will operate on the InterRegional trains between Porto and Valença and the one sole IR train between Figueira da Foz and Valença (via Porto).

Six cars are in regular service, although the three from the 3rd batch should leave the workshops today.
When you arrive in Portugal, the Arcos will do all IR services on that line if nothing goes wrong.
Thank you for the information, will look forward to, hopefully, seeing them and trying them out.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Hi are there likely to been any steam operations in Portugal during these dates?

2-6 Sept
22 Sept-10 Oct

Thanks

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Last edited:

Richard Scott

Established Member
In Portugal currently and heading to Porto tomorrow, are the 1400s out at the moment as a while back believe they were replaced by DMUs due to hot weather?

LocoCycle

In Portugal currently and heading to Porto tomorrow, are the 1400s out at the moment as a while back believe they were replaced by DMUs due to hot weather?
I saw 1424 at Marco de Canaveses, on the Douro line on Wednesday while waiting for the EMU back to Porto after cycling the Ecopista da Linha do Tâmega.
20220803_175247.jpg

Richard Scott

Established Member
I saw 1424 at Marco de Canaveses, on the Douro line on Wednesday while waiting for the EMU back to Porto after cycling the Ecopista da Linha do Tâmega.
View attachment 118884
There were four out today 1413, 1436, 1438 and 1455 so lots of fun to be had!
Sampled the refurbished ex Renfe stock, which was very pleasant to travel in beating any unit hands down.
Noticed lots of withdrawn/long stored locos on Contumil shed, 2600, 1400 and 1960s. Anyone know their identities please? Also an active 1150 that I couldn't identify. Thanks in advance (hope not off topic!).
Does anyone know which 2600s are now active? Seems to be most of the original batch and very few from later batch, any reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.