• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Possible application hindrance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh1736

Hey guys and gals,
I’m new to forums although I have been sifting through them for a couple of months. I have a question about my application with Network Rail, I have recently applied for a sigallar position in two separate places close to me, I’m wondering if applying to be rail operative, also with Network Rail would hinder my signallar application in any way? My thinking being that the roles are very different, and It could come across as though I haven’t thought being a signallar through?

A bit of background I’m currently self employed in the construction trade (dryliner) and I’ve been interested in in joining network rail for some time now (highly recommended by friends and some family members). I’ve looked into becoming a signallar which would be my first choice if I was offered a position, but also I’m at the point where the prospect of 1) being employed 2) being employed in a company like network rail is very attractive especially with the potential Of career growth. The rail operative position would be more similar to my current job in some ways so to me it would also be a big improvement on my current situation.

Thanks for your help, I’m looking forward to your replies.
Josh

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
I had a few applications open with NWR a while ago and it didn’t seem to be a problem. Admittedly I didn’t get beyond the initial assessment stages though.

Bigdriver

I applied and was offered a job when I had another few applications within the company so my answer would be no it doesn’t effect it

Curtis

I've applied for three signaller roles (one is at interview stage) and I also applied for track operative beforehand. Doesn't seem to have hindered me in any way so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.