• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Possible rolling stock for P.A.Th.E./P.( Patras–Athens–Thessaloniki–Idomeni/Promachonas) HSL

Other Possible High speed trains in Trenitalia DPNI which can operate in Π.Α.Θ.Ε./Π.

• ETR460/463

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ETR485

• ETR500

• Others

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen Lee

On Moderation
Apart from ETR470 brought from Italy I wondered if there are any possible rollin' stock for the Greek HSL. Another words, if Class 120 hauled carriages will also exist in the HSL too and if it is possible to bring more 2nd hand high speed trains like Frecciarossa/Frecciargento/Frecciabianca trains from Italy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
As far as I can see, the new/upgraded parts of the Greek network are designed for 200km/h running over relatively small distances.
There are many types of train that can run at that speed without acquiring true high speed stock, for example Railjets.
I don't know if there would be much advantage in using a tilting Pendolino design for the older and slower sections of the network, as in, say, Portugal or Czechia.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Unless they're buying old, 2nd hand, stock, then it won't be any of the Pendolino types listed

jopsuk

Veteran Member
According to wiki,
uncited claims on wikipedia are not to be trusted! But it is noted that previous Trenitalia plans have involved sending Greece secondhand stock. But at this point it would be likely that ETR500s would be over 30 years old by the tie they ended up in Greece

superalbs

Established Member
It will be ETR.470 Pendolinos from Italy, unless they change the plans, but that's what it is at the moment.

duesselmartin

Established Member
I think its a terrible to signal to Greece to give them hand me downs. I am sure FSI can afford new trains for Greece ad a long term investment.
Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.