Possible special timetable Didcot - Oxford Sunday 16 June 2019

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by Nicholas43, 14 Sep 2018.

1. Nicholas43

Nicholas43 Member

Sunday 16 June 2019 is the 175th anniversary of the Didcot to Oxford line. Various local celebrations are mooted, and the original Brunel ticket office at Culham station will be open.
    Are any forum members able to advise on the most practicable method of getting some trains to stop at Culham that day, if GWR agree? An additional stop would appear to add 2 minutes to schedules, or maybe more if there are lots of customers unfamiliar with getting on and off trains.
    I presume that a special timetable is not on, because Network Rail's timetable planners will have more important things to do?
    Could a Very Short Term Timetable (sorry, not sure of correct title) be feasible? If yes, who does what to put it in place?
    Or could GWR Control, with Network Rail's agreement, just issue some planned special stop orders?
    Or is there another, better, way?
    Or is it, in practice, already too late?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. The Planner

The Planner Established Member

As it would be a short term alteration it is too far out to consider yet. Up to GWR to decide it is worth doing and bid the alterations.

4. Nicholas43

Nicholas43 Member

Many thanks.
    Any hints on how best to prod GWR? I hope a service to Culham that Sunday will be both good public relations for GWR, and profitable.

5. jimm

jimm Established Member

In the first instance, I'd suggest you contact Claire King, who is the GWR stations manager for Oxford, Didcot and the intermediate stations - her email address is her first name dot surname @gwr.com

6. route:oxford

route:oxford Established Member

Maybe it would be a good day for Oxford City Council to make a formal apology to rail users for placing a greater importance on toll income from the Abingdon Road and refusing to allow GWR to build the line through Iffley with our City's main station near Magdalen Bridge instead of stuck on the outskirts?

[​IMG]

7. Nicholas43

Nicholas43 Member

Thanks again.
    Fascinating map, thanks! I guess any further discussion belongs on the History and Nostalgia Board?

8. DarloRich

DarloRich Veteran Member

Work - Fenny Stratford(MK) Home - Darlington
    Tweet them, write pot them yourself, get others to write. Contact your local councilors and ask them to contact GWR, contact the users group and ask them to contact GWR, write to the local paper.

I bet they don't do more than stop one train though ;)