possible use for DSB IC4 after DSB

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SHD

Probably their best possible reincarnation: a special series of stylish aluminium Danish biscuit tins

LOL The Irony

Established Member
There's the story of the IC4 that wound up in the hands of a certain Muammar al-Gaddafi thanks to one Silvio Berlusconi, but that's a story for another time.

duesselmartin

Established Member
Germany's ICE TD went to the scrap. Nobody wanted them. The first ICE class to leave regular service and almost wholey scrapped.
I asume IC4 might have the same fate.

popeter45

Germany's ICE TD went to the scrap. Nobody wanted them. The first ICE class to leave regular service and almost wholey scrapped.
I asume IC4 might have the same fate.
the ICE TD was a shame, same era as the 221 and its electric cousin the ICE T even uses same tilt tech of the 221's

hexagon789

Established Member
ATC from Romania got some IC2s

the Avanti 221s may be needed by XC in case of extra capacity as well as replacing the HSTs alongside with the 222s cascaded from East Midlands Railway
ATC being a sort of open access outfit and probably looking for something cheap to obtain. I gather the IC4s are already over 70% devalued compared to purchase cost.

My honest expectation is DSB will offer them for sale but no national operator will buy them, put it that way.