• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Post interview wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanhhh

Hi, I had an interview with SWR last week Tuesday for a customer facing role. But 10 days have passed and I have not as of yet received the outcome if I was successful or not.. I did call recruitment today and they checked and told me they’ve not received anything from the hiring manager.
The wait is killing me.. i really wish I get this role.. I feel if they wanted me they would have called within a week, but I also feel if they didn’t they would have rejected me by now. is anybody else in the same waiting boat as me or has anyone been in that boat and got successful? I’ve been reading a lot on here and I understand the rail industry is slow. I guess I’m just writing this out just let it off my chest

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hi, don't worry too much, just from personal experience 10-14 days is the norm before you get a positive or negative call, and that was before COVID. Have you passed assesment tests already and what role was it for and where.

Thanhhh

Did you get any offers in that timeframe? I’ve passed the assessments already it was 3 stages, interview is final hurdle before medical and background. The role was for ro2 in London

I was told at my interview for Commercial Guard that I would be told, positive or negative within 10 to 14 days. I got a call on a Monday after 14 days saying I was successful and to wait for a call with a start date. This was in December 2019. Hope this is of some help to you.

Thanhhh

That’s very helpful thank you, eases my mind a bit. How did you feel your interview went? For me I feel I did a 6.5/10 it was video so was really new for me

Yeah.... don't fancy a video interview much to be honest, could be that your 6.5 was an 8. I thought I'd done quite well and than I was quite lucky, one of the guys interviewing me (there were 2) was on the same train home as me from Southampton and he pretty much told me (unofficially) that I had nailed it.

Thanhhh

I hope they felt it was a good impression.. the lady at the end was telling me the job specs and referring it to me as in “you’ll get this salary, your benefits” instead of the job this benefits is that lol a bit silly I’m trying to take that as a good sign. That’s really good, train home with the interviewer can make a bigger impression as it’s out of the interview scene

Yeah, I got off that train in an excellent mood. They put the job specs over to me in the same way and it definitely gave me a positive impression of how everything had gone.

If you've heard nothing by say Wednesday give this number a call 0330 095 0151 they always answer. Good luck mate, let us know how it went.

Status
Not open for further replies.