• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Postcard valuation needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

russ2

Hi all, I need some advice.

I don't know much about trains, I am new, but I found a load of postcards on my wardrobe while cleaning out.

Over 60 post cards of steam engines, some painted or prints but lots of photos as well, all sorts of steam engines, all in an album with a Z17 steam train painting on the front and another one with carriages in a station on the rear and a signature Don Breackon.

Any ideas on the best way to value this? any advice would be fab

cheers,
Russ.:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
Quickest and easiest way (depending on location) would be to go to the Stanley Gibbons shop on The Strand (only a couple of minutes walk from Charing Cross station) or alternatively to the collectors shop across the road (Stamp Centre) and ask them to have a quick look and give you a valuation.

Alternatively, you could visit a stamp and collecters fair if there's any near you.

russ2

thanks for that , although I live in Newport Wales so bit far, but am travelling to see my lad who lives in Radstock on Sunday and theres a railway museum there , may be worth a try?::idea:

David

Established Member
Something a bit closer to home for you then....

According to this page, there is a monthly fair at the Central Hotel in Cardiff, although it's best to call the contact number to find out exactly when it is.

russ2

thanks a lot for your help fingers crossed....willl let you know what happens.....cheers Russ.

deltic

Established Member
quickest way to get an idea of what they may be worth is to search ebay for similar items - are they official railway company postcards? If you are able to show the front and back of a typical card may be able to give you a rough idea of possible value. As with all collectibles condition is key

Status
Not open for further replies.