• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Poster Of The Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tbtc

Veteran Member
  • The Wittiest Retort Award (Bald Rick, for too many!)
  • The Technical Award (whilst I know little about the mechanical side, I’ve learn a lot of really interesting things from posters about transmissions/ acceleration curves/ envelopes – a number of people deserve credit for taking the time to explain things – e.g. why things that look “obvious” / “common sense” to armchair enthusiasts are horribly complicated)
  • The Best Summary Of Complicated Documents Award (someone like Watcher Zero/ LNW-GW Joint ’s dissection of Government announcements and translating them into understndable English)
  • The Crayonista Award (self explanatory!)
  • The Fanboy/Fangirl Award (for unswerving loyalty to one TOC/ brand/ company)
  • The Money No Object Award (gold plated suggestions for spending megabucks to tackle minor problems)
  • The Patience Award (for explaining the same thing over and over again when it’s inevitably brought up – I’d award this to swt passenger for their tireless work in dealing with other people’s “can’t SWT run 456s to Lymington” queries)
  • The Flogging A Dead Horse Award (for the person who keeps offering up the same solution to a variety of problems or keep complaining about the same things on a variety of threads)
  • The IMBY Award (for those unable to see beyond their local line...)
  • The Pedantry Award (I can think of a few candidates...)

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Some of the "awards" tbtc suggests are hardly wanted by anyone. I was under the impression we were to say which person's posts we think are the best and most inspiring for whatever reason, not to be critical on posts we have problems with. For me I think the following are among the best:
PaulSidorczuk, Boothby97, ThePannier, PaulDuck, anti-pacer, SheffieldVictoria & Fishquinn.

However, I would nominate tbtc for making the longest posts with dozens of replies sometimes. Which are hard to quote and is usually highly negative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Most prolific poster would have to be in there somewhere...

At the risk of offending our revered administrators and moderators, I venture that fact that if my postings upon the Quizzes and Games forum which were discounted by those august bodies a couple of years ago were added to my "official" posting total, I would certainly give yorkie a run for his money...:D:D....For example, I have made 18,036 postings on "The next station is" quiz...:oops:

Perhaps, as a special treat for my 70th birthday on 6th April, the actual "total posting" figure might be revealed in print.

Last edited:

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
There totally should be a category for 'Forum Administrator that posts very occasionally, but watches the forum like a hawk and tends to be the cause of most things that break' :P

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
The ones whose posts I like the most are people like The Planner and Bald Rick etc, always worth a read and it's quite interesting to discover the little bits of lesser-known or insider info they disclose.

As for non-staff posters, tbtc. I seem to remember we disagreed a little bit for the first year or so but there are few better members on here when it comes to critical analysis of rail matters and brilliantly-long, dismantling posts of other member's contributions and railway developments. Honourable mentions to 90019 and Clip, who generally raise a smile with their wonderfully blunt answers they pull out on occasion, swt_passenger and Watcher Zero for their various fine contributions, and the whole NW electrification lot for their tireless efforts to document the exact installation date of every piece of OHLE infrastructure north of Manchester. The two threads they have make for a brilliant read.

Last edited:

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
There could be an award for the most suggestions as to what to do with the Plastic Pigs after their retirement:lol:

David

Established Member
There totally should be a category for 'Forum Administrator that posts very occasionally, but watches the forum like a hawk and tends to be the cause of most things that break' :P

In former times, that would have be me! :lol: :oops:

fowler9

Established Member
General Knowledge Quiz thread user that uses Google the most award. I've had a couple of answers to my questions that were the first thing that pops up on Google if you do a search but were incorrect! Ha ha.

Lrd

Established Member
Oh, I wish for a like button for posts such as these...
You don't need to wish! You could just, you know, add one?

You might stop getting requests for one then. Although, if you give in and add one then everyone will ask for something else and pester you for that.

So keep wishing!

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
Will there be a category for people who nominate themselves without there being any significant reason why they should be nominated?

If so, I'd like to nominate myself for that category.

Butts

Veteran Member
Can we have a "Moderator of the Year Award" or would that be a contradiction in terms....:p

Knights Cross with Oak Leaf Clusters beckons :idea:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Most infractuous?! Blimey, it is a good job moderating statistics are no longer visible.

Crossover

Established Member
Most infractuous?! Blimey, it is a good job moderating statistics are no longer visible.

Well I can't think of anything else really :P

Does that suggest you are the most prolific bb21? ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Only the cover fell off. The button is still there.

:D

Maybe it needs to be Made in Dagenham going forward...

Butts

Veteran Member
I don't know because no moderating statistics available. ;)

Have they been censored due to the ineptitude of those they refer to, or the compiler, or perhaps a combination of both .

Knights Cross with Swords and Diamonds :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.