• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Poster on the underground

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbb

On the underground I see posters that say something like "How to spot a ticket inspector - they look just like you".

As this is an official poster, and is fairly unambiguous, presumably if I'm asked to show my ticket by anyone who doesn't look exactly like me I'm perfect entitled to refuse as they are clearly not a ticket inspector. I assume they have a problem with fake ticket inspectors and the purpose of the poster is to help me identify real ones :P

Ok, so clearly this isn't what they meant but I'm *so* tempted to try out my stupid theory (except that I've never seen an actual ticket inspector on the underground, and also I know it's a stupid theory and would probably result in bad things happening to me :P )

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
All London Underground Revenue Control Inspectors have a badge which they show when inspecting tickets, one side is a gold or silver shield and the other side is their ID.

jbb

Ok, that;s handy to know.

(Although just to be clear my post was that the poster could easily be deliberately misinterpreted...)

district

I think anyone with even an ounce of intelligence would realise this was an advertising puff.

Puffery as a legal term refers to promotional statements and claims that express subjective rather than objective views, which no "reasonable person" would take literally.

tsr

Established Member
I don't think there's any regulatory reason why you can't display the poster, either.

On a related note, I'm interested to know if a ticket inspector wears the same brand of orange EN471 Class 3 high-visibility jacket as I do. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.