• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Potential effect of RMT strikes on Eurostar services

Status
Not open for further replies.

AY1975

Established Member
I was wondering what the potential effect of the RMT strikes on 21, 23 and 25 June (and any others that might follow) on Eurostar services?

AIUI Eurostar staff are not involved in the dispute but Network Rail signallers are, and HS1 is presumably signalled by NR signallers.

At the moment there doesn't appear to be anything about it on the Eurostar website.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
It's likely that HS1 will be open with limited hours. This will probably mainly mean that Southeastern, Eurostar and freight services will have a much earlier finish than usually, though of course some Southeastern staff will be taking industrial action too.

James H

Eurostar is tweeting that they don’t anticipate any impact on their services but I find that hard to believe.

we are booked on the late evening Amsterdam to St Pancras train on the first day of the strike.

Does anyone have thoughts about best options for us?

rvdborgt

Eurostar is tweeting that they don’t anticipate any impact on their services but I find that hard to believe.

we are booked on the late evening Amsterdam to St Pancras train on the first day of the strike.

Does anyone have thoughts about best options for us?
If it doesn't run, the railways will have to put you up somewhere until you can travel.

AY1975

Established Member
The small problem is we are both due at work the next day
Oh dear! I see from the revised Eurostar timetable that the last train from Amsterdam is indeed cancelled. What did you end up doing?

If you ended up using a different mode of transport to come back, such as flying or the Hook of Holland-Harwich ferry, I would hope that you can claim on your travel insurance.

There is a new thread on the Eurostar strike timetable: https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/eurostar-strike-timetable.233127/

James H

I actually got the dates mixed up and we returned on Monday night as scheduled, just before the reduced timetable kicked in

Status
Not open for further replies.