• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Potters Bar: 10th Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I was just reading about the Class 365s when I noticed it was 10 years since the tragic events at Potters Bar. The BBC report that memorial services have been held in Hertfordshire, to remember those who were killed.

It doesn't seem like ten years, and I'm sure to those who lost loved ones or were involved, it doesn't seem that far away. Sympathies to all those remembering the tragic events 10 years on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-18016354

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A sombre memorial was held at 1245 in the Memorial Garden next to the station with survivors, relatives, emergency services and representatives from the TOC's and Network Rail where a minutes silence was held at 12:56, and an FCC train working the 12:45 Kings Cross - Kings Lynn was slowed down as a mark of respect.

This moved onto a service in a local church.

D1009

Established Member
A sombre memorial was held at 1245 in the Memorial Garden next to the station with survivors, relatives, emergency services and representatives from the TOC's and Network Rail where a minutes silence was held at 12:56, and an FCC train working the 12:45 Kings Cross - Kings Lynn was slowed down as a mark of respect.

This moved onto a service in a local church.

Sounds as though the occasion was very well marked. My thoughts are with all involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.