• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

power rails for LUL points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am new to LUL rails and I found making pointworks quite fiddly. Can anybody with experience on constructing LUL pointworks please tell me how to place power rails on the red ares on the screenshot below. I have the Prail and Switch programs.

Thanks

pointsss3kt.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Hi

Route looks good :D.

As for the problem - I don't think there's a program which will do it automatically, so it would be a case of doing it by hand.

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Hi

Route looks good :D.

As for the problem - I don't think there's a program which will do it automatically, so it would be a case of doing it by hand.

Yeah, if you go into the LUL_Rails folder that comes with the Northern Line, you'll find various objects either at the top if the list, or the bottom, that are all power rails. If you find the ones you want, all you have to do is use them as a .freeobj. However, I think the majority are for straights, so those curved power rails may be tricky

However, it can be done. For example, say you want a 200 radius power rail, open the PRail program, open a 200 radius curve, and create power rails for it. Then, open the object file in an editor such as Notepad, find the power rail coordinates, and copy them into a new Notepad file. Then, click File, Save As, change the type bit to All Files from .txt file, and save it with the .csv/b3d ending (depending on whether the object you took the power rail coordinates from was .b3d or csv. ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Richard Gellman / Stephen Cross / Steve Green IIRC (but don't take my word for it)

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Richard Gellman / Stephen Cross / Steve Green IIRC (but don't take my word for it)

Are they not free to use in LUL projects, or do you have to get permission?

Tom B

Established Member
I have no idea - I asked for permission anyway just to be on the safe side. Steve Green is probably the person to ask :).

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
I have no idea - I asked for permission anyway just to be on the safe side. Steve Green is probably the person to ask :).

yeah, you can ask, but getting a reply is like getting blood from a stone. You'll have to catch him by PM when he is around on RailUK.

leezer3

Rich said:
yeah, you can ask, but getting a reply is like getting blood from a stone. You'll have to catch him by PM when he is around on RailUK.

Have you got the right e-mail address? (It changed a while back)
I've never had a problem getting hold of Steve. You could also try a post on his guestbook- Those seem to get responses ;)

Chris Lees

The Snap

Established Member
EmergencyBrake said:
This is Steve's e-mail- bve[at]trainsimcentral[dot]co[dot]uk
Yes - I use that one. :) I did forget about his guestbook though...:mad: ;)

T

Tom

dvn1357 said:
That will stop the spam TSC has been getting.
Not really, it will increase it because phpBB forums are well known for spam... one of the reasons why we are now vBulletin!

Status
Not open for further replies.