• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Poznan to Wroclaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

alistairlees

Established Member
Does anyone know what type of train operates the Poznan to Wroclaw IC service? And what operates the Polregio service? I'd prefer a loco + coaches as opposed to a Pendolino type train.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
Here is the consist chart for Poznań station. As you can see, the majority of trains are loco-hauled:

https://www.intercity.pl/pl/dokumenty/zestawienia pociągów/od-09-06-2019/wroclaw_glowny_2019_07_23.pdf
Thanks. That’s really useful and interesting. I had no idea such things existed - could do with these in Britain!

It’s for Wroclaw though, not Poznan.

Also I will be travelling on Saturday 14th September - I see this one only goes up to 31st August.

Really appreciate your help though.

CC 72100

Established Member
Vagonweb.cz will be your friend- info for that part of Europe is pretty good, and in my experience has proved accurate then on the day. You can search by train number.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
There's a timetable change on 01 September, and the new posters won't be out until about that time. There shouldn't be much of a change, though.

Seems to be quite a significant change in some areas.
I'm planning a trip Warsaw-Krakow-Przemysl (and on to Ukraine) in mid-September and the PKP booking site is warning that times might change from those offered.
I'd really rather not rely on a 10-minute connection between PKP and UZ at Przemysl!

F Great Eastern

Established Member
Vagonweb.cz will be your friend- info for that part of Europe is pretty good, and in my experience has proved accurate then on the day. You can search by train number.

It's excellent, allows you to make sure you get the best coach in a rake of what can be many different types of carriage of varying ages and standard on the same train on the loco hauled stuff, since PKP like to put an assortment of different styles and layouts in one rake to the degree where standard can be a very new carriage with plugs and Wifi and first an old compartment coach without AC or sockets.

alistairlees

Established Member
Thanks that is indeed an excellent site

Cloud Strife

Established Member
Does anyone know what type of train operates the Poznan to Wroclaw IC service? And what operates the Polregio service? I'd prefer a loco + coaches as opposed to a Pendolino type train.

Unless something has changed (and I doubt it), all PKP Intercity trains between Poznań-Wrocław are loco+coaches. Polregio operates "whatever the hell they have", but it's usually just EMU's of varying quality, ranging from horrible to reasonable. I've seen the loco+coaches combination on Polregio, but they seem to chop and change with such frequency that it's hard to keep up with whether they're using them on Wrocław-Poznań or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.