• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PPR Takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Last year after over 25 years of faithful service Brian Merrifield sold Poole Park Railway for a well deserved retirement. during the last few months before the railway changed hands a restoration program began to restore the diesel loco (i cannot recall a name for this engine or remember its number, sorry). since this change i no longer have any contacts with the railway anymore and the railway began to under go a period of change. desmond was repainted a new purple and blue livery (which i hate) the carriages striped down to the bare minimum, the railway now sponsered by 2CR FM (a radio station) i think brought the railway a new diesel powered 0-6-0 steam loco and named it surprise surprise 'black thunder' the most random bulk of metal i think i've seen. thus having no need for another diesel engine and therfore the project i think was scrapped. a waste of time if the project will never get finished. i am curious if i am the only one who thinks the same thing as this, is the railway getting worse?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
msut agree on everything said there, i used to ride past it evyer day and each day i hated it more the new loco is SH!T!!

Nathan

i cant remember where arthur went though it was a few years ago now since the loco moved?

Status
Not open for further replies.