Preserved stock in PTE livery?

Iskra

Established Member
I was recently in discussion with a Keighley and Worth Valley volunteer about the prospects of one of their 14X being painted into WYPTE livery, and it got me pondering whether there is currently anything preserved in WYPTE livery; a 141 perhaps?

This then got me thinking if there were any other examples of PTE stock in preservation? Could the boom of 14X stock cause a vast increase in PTE liveried stock on preserved lines?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mack91

I was recently in discussion with a Keighley and Worth Valley volunteer about the prospects of one of their 14X being painted into WYPTE livery, and it got me pondering whether there is currently anything preserved in WYPTE livery; a 141 perhaps?

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I'm sure theres a 308 trailer preserved somewhere in WYPTE livery.

Highlandspring

Established Member
I saw on Facebook a few weeks ago that 142020 is currently being painted into Tyne & Wear PTE livery at the Waverley Route Heritage Association at Whitrope.

Iskra

Established Member
I saw on Facebook a few weeks ago that 142020 is currently being painted into Tyne & Wear PTE livery at the Waverley Route Heritage Association at Whitrope.
Ah, that’s interesting!

Sort of meeting the criteria, though sadly never fully carried a passenger in preservation is Class 107 52029 (DMCL) at Toddington, which still carries faded SPT Orange and Black.

That’s a good, and obscure example, just about clinging onto its livery :D

On Moderation
Doesn't the Class 303 at Bo'ness still retain its Strathclyde PTE colours?

Mat17

I was recently in discussion with a Keighley and Worth Valley volunteer about the prospects of one of their 14X being painted into WYPTE livery...
Wasn't set 11 one of the rarer Regional Railways liveried 144s? That's not to say it didn't start out life in WYPTE.

Were any of the 144s in Provincial? The 143s looked well smart in their first livery.

Iskra

Established Member
Doesn't the Class 303 at Bo'ness still retain its Strathclyde PTE colours?
Correct! Another good shout :)

Wasn't set 11 one of the rarer Regional Railways liveried 144s? That's not to say it didn't start out life in WYPTE.

Were any of the 144s in Provincial? The 143s looked well smart in their first livery.
I don’t know, but they did look nice in Regional Railways livery too!

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member

No 144s carried Provincial blue. All were delivered in the first variant (broad cream stripe) of WYPTE red. They were later given the revised version with RR branding and a narrower cream stripe, including the two or three sets that had a spell in RR.

Neptune

Established Member
No 144s carried Provincial blue. All were delivered in the first variant (broad cream stripe) of WYPTE red. They were later given the revised version with RR branding and a narrower cream stripe, including the two or three sets that had a spell in RR.
144011-013 never received the RR narrow stripe WYPTE livery. They went from original wide stripe WYPTE to RR blue to ATN metro red/silver to Northern. 012 went on to receive the 144e livery.

I'm sure theres a 308 trailer preserved somewhere in WYPTE livery.
The BDTCOL from 308136 was preserved in its final RR WYPTE livery. Not seen anything about it for years.

Last edited: