• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preston Bus question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTPreston_Tez

Does anyone have old footage of Preston Bus? All you find on YouTube are the old buses and mainly the 11, 16, 24, and 25...all of which suffered tragic fates but I would like to see more old 29s (the original), 30s and 31s as such, and all the buses that have ever operated through Preston as such.
Can someone lend a hand with footage?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lampshade

Established Member
29? Where did that go? :shock:

I can remember some old buses (i.e. the Atlanteans OBV 158X, DRN 176Y etc) used on the 32 route (another route since canned) before the Metroriders took over (wonder where M410 TCK is these days). They then moved to school specials and were replaced a few years ago by second hand Olympians, most of which are still going; I think Stagecoach got rid of the last of them.

In terms of footage, you'll struggle to find anything covering the Atlantean/Olympian era.

VTPreston_Tez

The 32 used to stop outside my house!
The 29 was to the 31 territory, soon cancelled along with the 30, the new 29 runs to Frenchwood instead of Savick :(
30 minutes Savick-Bus Station; it used to be 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.