• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preston Park (Brighton) Carriage Sheds

Status
Not open for further replies.

tempests1

Hello

I have been viewing Google Earth looking at the site of Preston Park Carriage Sheds. Is it still there or has it been demolished as it looked very derelict. I do remeber a couple of years ago they removed some scrap condition stock out of it. When was it last operational. In addition has Southern Trains stopped using the Sheds at West Worthing as I believe they had a temporary reprieve. It is always nice to see Depots & Carriage Sheds getting new leases of life such as Effingham Junction & Strawberry Hill.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Hello

I have been viewing Google Earth looking at the site of Preston Park Carriage Sheds. Is it still there or has it been demolished as it looked very derelict. I do remeber a couple of years ago they removed some scrap condition stock out of it. When was it last operational. In addition has Southern Trains stopped using the Sheds at West Worthing as I believe they had a temporary reprieve. It is always nice to see Depots & Carriage Sheds getting new leases of life such as Effingham Junction & Strawberry Hill.

Preston Park and West Worthing sheds are both fully demolished.
Google Street view is much more up to date with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.