• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preston to Edinburgh,

Status
Not open for further replies.

cambsy

On Moderation
I’m looking to do, Preston to Edinburgh return, out direct on TPE, then return via Glasgow Queen street and Central, I have not done this for quite a while, so is it still permitted on a Off peak day return valid TPE and Avanti West coast?thanks for help

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
I've used a Preston->Edinburgh Off Peak (Day) Return via Glasgow Queen Street quite a few times before. Certainly always seems to work the barriers at Glasgow Queen Street o.k.

Hope this was legit useage!

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I’m thinking of doing Preston-Edinburgh return, going out direct and coming back via Glasgow, is this permitted on Edinburgh Off peak return or Glasgow off peak return, thanks for any help.
It's permitted on a Preston-Edinburgh ticket, but not on a Preston-Glasgow ticket (unless you were to get the more expensive Any Permitted ticket and travel via the ECML).

Preston-Croy is part of the same flow as Preston-Glasgow and hence has the same prices (including the good value CDR). It's valid both ways (including on a via Carlisle ticket), and indeed the fastest route can be either way depending on the time you leave. So there is "plausible deniability" so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.