• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Preston to Lancaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
Doing a northern Great escape next week, and according to the network map on the website, there is a train service between Preston and Lancastern provided by Northern
Im just wondering if there actually is since Wikipedia tells me no service actually goes that way. And I cannot find this service.
Thanks, Richard

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gathursty

Established Member
There are Northern-ran services from Preston to Carlisle VIA Barrow-In-Furness and there is a Buxton to Barrow-In-Furness service as well! :)

WestCoast

Established Member
Next Tuesday, there are departures from Preston to Lancaster at 5.22, 8.38, 17.28 and 21.51 (bus) operated by Northern.

tony_mac

Established Member
If you use National Rail's journey planner, you can specify 'Northern Rail Only'.

York to Darlington in interesting. (for some value of 'interesting')
Or, even better, Whitby to Scarborough!

JamesXCity

Is the Northern Great Escape a 1 day rover like the London Midland Great. I would be intersted to buy one, but can't find it on their website. Thanks

VideozVideoz

Heh it's a good topic this Northern-only Preston to Lancaster. I gave up trying that stretch of track and ended up going to Leeds and catching th eLeeds-Lancaster stopper through the southern part of the Yorkshire dales. Nice trip actually

Status
Not open for further replies.