• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pretendelino passing Watford today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Railcar B

Evening All

Saw the Pretendelino at about 15.40 this afternoon going in the up direction between Watford Jn & Bushey with green FL 90 pushing.

Anyone know what working this was?

Thanks in anticipation!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eagle

Established Member
Football special from Liverpool to Wembley. (Ended up being diverted, dragged behind a diesel, from Liverpool to Manchester, so was quite late.)

Railcar B

Thanks for the quick reply, Eagle!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oooh. If anyone has any photos that'd be interesting to see.

Sorry I can't oblige on this occasion; saw it from a distance while visiting a friend in Watford General Hospital.:(

David Goddard

Established Member
We crossed the WCML on the M25 at Kings Langley at about that time and my wife commented that she saw a silver train looking a bit like an HST go past on the up (I didnt see it as was driving)
This answers our question, but passing Watford at that time I doubt that anyone got to the game for kick off.
At least they had a good result in the end to make up for it!

Established Member
Are you sure that you saw it around 15:40? It passed me in the wilds of Bedfordshire about 13:20 so you are either two hours out with the time or it got very badly delayed somewhere south of Bletchley.

richw

Veteran Member
Are you sure that you saw it around 15:40? It passed me in the wilds of Bedfordshire about 13:20 so you are either two hours out with the time or it got very badly delayed somewhere south of Bletchley.

Kick off was 4 oclock it was on a wembley special for the Liverpool cardiff final.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Railcar B

Definitely around 15.40. I didn't get to Watford General until 15.10 and had been there some time before I saw it, and checked my watch at the time - so guess it had been delayed between Bletchley & Watford.

Established Member
Definitely around 15.40. I didn't get to Watford General until 15.10 and had been there some time before I saw it, and checked my watch at the time - so guess it had been delayed between Bletchley & Watford.
It did a trip ECS to the Keynes and back after it arrived at Euston with the delayed footex - you saw the return working of that spin out.

Status
Not open for further replies.