• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Previous SWR Strike Timetable - Alton Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joncombe

I see that there are now strikes on SWR for every Saturday in November. I have booked to go on the Mid Hants Railway RAT on one of these Saturdays. So I wanted to know if the strike timetable on previous Saturdays had a train running late enough from Alton for me to get home after it. I know previous timetables are no gurantee of future timetables etc... but it is the best information available. Unfortunately, the old strike timetables are not on the SWR website and neither are any new ones. I have tried Open Train Times but the last strike day there was a bus replacement on this line (so presumably not impacted by the strikes) and their data does not go back to the previous strike. So does anyone still have a copy downloaded they could send me?

I need to know if we'll now have to fork out for a taxi or abandon it entirely, if the strike does go ahead. :frown:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TEW

Established Member
There will likely either be a train or a replacement bus. The Alton line has not tended to be left with no service. Late at night, I suspect it will be a replacement bus to Farnborough. SWR do not tend to publish strike timetables with an awful lot of notice unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.