• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

PRIV London to Barnsley return 19/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

W230

Established Member
Think this is going to be a bit difficult to make any cheaper but i'll gratefully take any suggestions! As above, I need to travel tomorrow from London to Barnsley tomorrow and need to be in Barnsley for no later than 1830hrs but cannot realistically leave KGX or STP before 1505. I am also going to struggle with returning as I can't leave Barnsley until 2130 which means I miss the last train. I've managed to get a lift organised to Doncaster to get a later train south from there.

ATOC priv card with Firstgroup boxes available and also free travel on FCC, though I don't think that will be of any use with this journey.

So I'm thinking 1548 KGX - DON (First Hull trains) and then Northern from there to Barnsley via Meadowhall.

Coming back on the 2242 DON - KGX (East Coast). This will be a cool £125 before discount.

Has anyone any ideas as to whether splitting anywhere might work out cheaper in this case? Any help gratefully received :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
On your return splitting at Newark North Gate, Grantham and Peterborough should save you a little bit of money.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
This will be a cool £125 before discount.

How do you make it £125? I make it £105 before discount for Doncaster - London and £4.30 Doncaster - Barnsley. Altogether that is £109.30 before discount, and £27.35 with PRIV discount.

W230

Established Member
How do you make it £125? I make it £105 before discount for Doncaster - London and £4.30 Doncaster - Barnsley.
I was looking at the Anytime single from Barnsley - KGX accidentally, which is £125, instead of Doncaster - KGX, which is less.

I note there is another anytime single advertised for £104, via Sheffield and the MML to St Pancras though the other services that offer this route are still £125?! Not that it matters as i'm not travelling from barnsley, but what is the difference between this anytime tiicket and the higher priced one?

Thanks for the advice on where to split too - it's appreciated!

John @ home

Established Member
there is another anytime single advertised for £104, via Sheffield and the MML to St Pancras though the other services that offer this route are still £125?! Not that it matters as i'm not travelling from barnsley, but what is the difference between this anytime tiicket and the higher priced one?
The £124.50 Anytime Single Barnsley - London Terminals route Any Permitted is valid by any permitted route.

The £104.00 Anytime Single Barnsley - London Terminals route Via Chesterfield is valid by any permitted route which passes through Chesterfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.