• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Priv Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bayum

Established Member
Because your PRIV does not entitle you to purchase First class tickets.

Just because it's an excess doesn't change the fact you would be obtaining a ticket for 1st class travel.

Although I'm not entirely sure on the safeguarded staff, here is an example with a TOCNE Standard Class Priv.

Liverpool-London SOR priced at £57.75
I decide I want to go first class so ask the TM for an upgrade to 1st. He informs me my Priv does not entitle me for 1st class priv rate tickets. Therefore the excess would be between the discounted (priv) fare and the full public fare of the FOR. Therefore an excess of £312.25 would be payable (£370-£57.75) .

My only question would be does the 'box' count as a Standard Open ticket priced at Priv rate? Therefore, are you able to excess in the first place? What is this box worth as a price?

On another note, some managers work very hard. They are rewarded with 1st class travel facilities as part of their benefits package. Although I'm not saying staff with standard privs don't work as hard- it would be unreasonable for every member of staff to travel 1st class as there is far less capacity in the superior accomodation. The only way I can think of distributing these passes fairly is to go on 'grade' as per the present system. Therefore that is why I think staff should not be allowed to upgrade unless they have full 1st facilities.

I'm pretty sure I said mine didn't??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Caledonian Solo is £54 for single occupancy in standard (this is effectively the same as First except you don't get a tiny croissont and you get a different berth attendant), IIRC the shared supplement is £38 (I can't find this price on the useless FSR website) so it's only £16 more for the benefits of FC!

Another question from me... is it possible to buy a season ticket (such a 7 day one) with a PRIV discount? NFM seems to suggest it's possible, but I just wanted to check and find out first.

Ta

dan_atki

Established Member
Another question from me... is it possible to buy a season ticket (such a 7 day one) with a PRIV discount? NFM seems to suggest it's possible, but I just wanted to check and find out first.

Ta

Priv discounts can only be applied to monthly or longer seasons and require a form to be filled out:

http://www.atoc.org/rst/_download/app_forms/RSTL 87150_011208_PST App_SG.doc (Safeguarded - valid on Scotrail and LU services)

http://www.atoc.org/rst/_download/app_forms/RSTL 87151_011208_PST App_TOC NE.doc (TOCNE - not valid on Scotrail nor LU services)

In either case, dependants may not use the season for commuting to work but may for travel to educational establishments.

Status
Not open for further replies.