• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Priv rate on Oyster for non-safeguarded staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
I understand for Overground rail journeys on all TOCS in London a priv rate can be applied to oyster cards

I asked at Dalston Kingsland ticket office and they don't know about it whilst Victoria ticket office no longer deal with Oysters

Has this ended?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The discount hasn't ended, those particular members of staff must just have been unable and/or unwilling to help you.

See pp. 39-41 of the RSTL Where Can I Go guide for non-safeguarded staff for a list of stations where you should be able to get the discount applied.

iphone76

If you can get to Stratford TfL Rail station ticket office (main office facing the old shopping centre), I asked the other day and they knew what they were doing. I think some places have stopped doing it including Farringdon GTR and Liverpool Street GA.

sharpinf

Willesden Junction LO were able to do mine last month but as others say very much depends on the knowledge of the person on the day

387star

On Moderation
Willesden Junction LO were able to do mine last month but as others say very much depends on the knowledge of the person on the day
It is frustrating! Thanks I will keep asking
I understand the list of stations who can do it is subject to change

Status
Not open for further replies.