• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Priv season for old man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnie2Sheds

Hello all,
I've had a look in the forum but cant find a definative answer. If I have the old BR boxes (Priv) but they are endorsed RETIRED can I pruchase and use a privelige season ticket? Ive looked in here and on ATOC but cant find anything. Bit puzzling.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

74A

Season tickets on PRIV are available to active staff to use to travel to work. Also children can get one to go to school. Apart from that i don't believe it is possible to get one.

steamybrian

Established Member
hmmm... thanks for that, what if Im not actually retired....ie not yet 65?

I retired at 50 and the regulations are still the same for me .:D

I agree you cannot obtain Privilege season tickets for travelling to and from work.
It may be possible to obtain a privilege season ticket if you are regular traveller for other purposes such as attending an educational course. I am also aware of someone getting a season ticket for regularly visiting someone in hospital. Please contact ATOC or the Railway Pensions Management (RPMI) and giving the reasons why you require it.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
It should also be noted that if it is determined that holders of Retired facilities (which are normally issued for Leisure purposes only) have misused same by purchasing discounted tickets for journeys to work, the penalty is PERMANENT withdrawal of travel facilities, and where it's the employee that has misused their travel facilities in this way, the entire family loses their travel facilities.

Johnnie2Sheds

And just to clarify, CyrusWuff, I am NOT about to risk my passes by doing something against the rules. Hence my question. But thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.