• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Priv ticket prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

455driver

Veteran Member
My lad is going from Plymouth (PLY) TO Moorthorpe (MRP) this Friday 23 March on either the 1523, 1625 (changing at Sheffield) or 1723 (changing at Wakefield).

Now I know the priv is 1/4 of the anytime single fare but the trouble is that there are 2 of them-
£146 (£36.50 priv) and
£231 (£57.75 priv),

my question is which 1 will be used to calculate the fare, the cheaper or the more expensive fare.

Also are any of the 3 trains booked a HST this Friday.

Many thanks for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
My lad is going from Plymouth (PLY) TO Moorthorpe (MRP) this Friday 23 March on either the 1523, 1625 (changing at Sheffield) or 1723 (changing at Wakefield).

Now I know the priv is 1/4 of the anytime single fare but the trouble is that there are 2 of them-
£146 (£36.50 priv) and
£231 (£57.75 priv),

my question is which 1 will be used to calculate the fare, the cheaper or the more expensive fare.

As MattE2010 said, both can be, depending on the individual journey. The Route Not London ticket is perfectly fine for your proposed itinerary.

Also are any of the 3 trains booked a HST this Friday.

See this thread for some frequently requested diagrams. The 1523 and the 1723 from Plymouth on a Friday are both booked HSTs.

455driver

Veteran Member
Thank you both for the quick replies, I thought it might be the route London/ not London bit but why when I put the direct trains in do the sites have to show ALL fares whether they are relevant or not (why would I want a route London ticket on trains through Birmingham which dont go within 100 miles of London), wouldnt it be easier just to show the cheapest of each ticket type or is that too sensible?

I think I have just answered my own question there!

Last edited:

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
I think the 1523 and 1723 (FO) are booked an HST, but there is a chance it won't be one. Using those services your lad should pay the lower amount, the higher fare is for going via London really, but it is valid on routes allowed by the cheaper fare. Although longer, the chances of an HST for atleast half the journey on that route is greatly increased.

455driver

Veteran Member
Going via london is actually slower than the direct route, oh and its my money so he can take his chances! :lol:

455driver

Veteran Member
oops its me sorry, I didnt see the " Although longer" bit of your post, tired eyes as I am on earlies and woke at 0200 this morning and couldnt get back to sleep (alarm set for 0430).

Status
Not open for further replies.