• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Priv to Isle of Wight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayden99

Hi All,
Planning a little trip to take in the sights and sounds of the Isle of Wight tomorrow, but I've been poking around on BR Fares and it doesn't list any Priv fares. It shows public rate just fine so are priv rate tickets not available? I don't want to make an idiot of myself at the ticket office in Waterloo.
Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Hi All,
Planning a little trip to take in the sights and sounds of the Isle of Wight tomorrow, but I've been poking around on BR Fares and it doesn't list any Priv fares. It shows public rate just fine so are priv rate tickets not available? I don't want to make an idiot of myself at the ticket office in Waterloo.
Thanks
Through Priv fares are a problem because Priv entitlement varies on the ferry. Unless you are safeguarded you would not be able to buy, or be entitled to, a through fare at Priv rate.

Last edited:

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Hi All,
Thanks

Safeguarded staff only who joined before 1st April 1995:

Wightlink Services Travel facilities are available only to Employees who entered the service prior to 1 April 1985 and only on the services between Portsmouth Harbour and Ryde; and between Lymington and Yarmouth. Reduced rate travel is available to all eligible Active and Retired Employees and their Dependents upon presentation of a valid undated Staff Travel Card. Free travel can be obtained by use of a dated Staff Travel Card (but NOT a Status Pass). Rail Staff Travel Guide for Safeguarded staff 90-011-032 D7429AA v8 July 2020 Rail Staff Travel Page 58 of 81 Residential travel is also granted to Employees on Wightlink services and for this purpose, the shipping company will honour Residential Passes as long as these are endorsed “via Wightlink services” if part of a through journey, or specifically (e.g. Portsmouth Harbour to Ryde) if that is the extent of the residential journey sought. Wightlink also grants eligible Employees a 50% reduction on the standard vehicle and driver tariff which applies on the Portsmouth to Fishbourne service to single, day return and return tickets, although this is not available for commercial vehicles, caravans or trailers. All other passengers in the vehicle can travel free or at privilege rate (if eligible) or at the appropriate full fare. Tickets cannot be pre-booked and can only be purchased on the day of travel. There are no restrictions on foot passenger services but Wightlink do not offer the concessionary vehicle arrangements during the peak summer holiday period (roughly mid July to late August) on Saturdays on sailings departing between 07.35 and 19.50 hours. For vehicle and foot passenger bookings you can call 0333 999 7333.

Status
Not open for further replies.