Priv to Zone U1

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Mojo, 23 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mojo

Mojo Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Can anyone advise if Priv returns are available from outside the zones to 'Zone U1 Londn' to allow travel to an station only served by LU?

There is a fare in Avantix for this journey which is cheaper than a return to London Terminals and then the £2 Priv Tube return fare, but I want to know if this is allowed to be sold. For the record it's Safeguarded so no issues there.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. hairyhandedfool

hairyhandedfool Established Member

If an Anytime or Anytime Day fare is available a priv rate fare can be sold. Most (if not all) stations have a fare to Zone U1 Londn, but many are just the London Terminals fare plus the tube fare.

4. Mojo

Mojo Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Thanks. In this case Avantix shows the fare as only £1.50 more rather than £2.00, but I wanted to check that this fare is allowed to be bought (Avantix shows Priv discount on Plusbus which is not permitted). Unfortunately I haven't had time to renew my Oyster yet which would be even cheaper.

5. RJ

RJ Established Member

It's absolutely fine, the tickets are in the system for that purpose as opposed to Travelcards which simply greyout if you select Priv as the discount. I have seen the "imaginary" Underground RPIs go down like a ton of bricks on a former colleague who did it though, because he had a TOCNE Priv.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.