Private plates on buses and coaches

Wirewiper

Thanks for clarification. It is odd that in the early days the first few had the then current style of registration, and in a short while were re-registered with their LTZ numbers. I have had a qick search but cannot find any online reference. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I've found a picture of an LT with the registration LT61 AHT.

LT 1-8 were the prototypes, and entered service with the registrations LT61 AHT/BHT/CHT/DHT/EHT/FHT/GHT - LT2 was actually the first in service when it operated a 12.01 Hackney Central - Victoria route 38 extra on 27th February 2012. All eight were subsequently reregistered into the LTZ 1*** series. LT 9-13 initially entered service with Metroline on route 24 with LT13 *** registrations but these were quickly changed to LTZ 10** plates.

And as noted, LT 901-999 carry LTZ 29** plates, whilst LT1000 is LTZ 1000.

New Bus For London - the Inaugural Journey by Julian Walker, on Flickr

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pit_buzzer

LT 1-8 were the prototypes, and entered service with the registrations LT61 AHT/BHT/CHT/DHT/EHT/FHT/GHT - LT2 was actually the first in service when it operated a 12.01 Hackney Central - Victoria route 38 extra on 27th February 2012. All eight were subsequently reregistered into the LTZ 1*** series. LT 9-13 initially entered service with Metroline on route 24 with LT13 *** registrations but these were quickly changed to LTZ 10** plates.

And as noted, LT 901-999 carry LTZ 29** plates, whilst LT1000 is LTZ 1000.

New Bus For London - the Inaugural Journey by Julian Walker, on Flickr
Interesting that LT1 - 8s original registrations must also have been select plates as the group of 3 letters doesn't progress in the normal fashion. And LT itself is a bit of coincidence for the area identifier

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Interesting that LT1 - 8s original registrations must also have been select plates as the group of 3 letters doesn't progress in the normal fashion. And LT itself is a bit of coincidence for the area identifier
DVLA hold back registrations that have the second and last letters the same. We had a thread about it a while back.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Grand - any chance you could post the link as it may be of interest to others?

Et voila!

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Et voila!

Merci beaucoup, monsieur :)

Dstock7080

Established Member
Wings Luxury Travel of Uxbridge acquired quite a few ex-RM “WLT” plates in the late ‘80s for their coaches.
When I acquired my WLT5xx plate I was specifically asked by the dealer “you’re not Wings Travel of Uxbridge are you?!”
Wings have since rebranded as Wings Executive Travel and have changed the “WLT” for non-descript “WET” plates.

I know high peak have some private plates in their solos based at dove holes near buxton.

Example of which is HP52 BUS

D&G out of crewe have got DG64 BUS

peters

On Moderation

DG64 BUS was moved to their Adderley Green depot shortly after they stopped operating the 32 service. Although, the 108 service in Macclesfield is operated from the depot so it's possible it's been to Macc recently.

They also have 4 Wright Streetlites which were previously used on the Isle of Man so they registered them using DG55 BUS, DG56 BUS, DG57 BUS and DG58 BUS.

route101

Established Member
I know high peak have some private plates in their solos based at dove holes near buxton.

Example of which is HP52 BUS

Are these age identifier's accurate on these buses?

Flange Squeal

Are these age identifier's accurate on these buses?
And further to @cnjb8 on the D&Gs above, the other vehicle mentioned in your quote - High Peak HP52 BUS - is not. This is a 2011 Optare Solo, formerly YJ11 EJU. It did used to be on an age appropriate vehicle though, as it used to be worn by former Nottingham Omnicity FG52 WFX.