• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem at Didcot Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollyrogers

NRE reporting delays through Didcot Parkway due to 'A problem currently under investigation at Didcot Parkway.' Seeing as I was planning to go home to Didcot this weekend from Ealing, does anyone have any idea what it is/ the scale of the problem?

Normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid at delay excuses, however there is something quaintly mysterious about a problem under investigation!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anthony263

Established Member
NRE reporting delays through Didcot Parkway due to 'A problem currently under investigation at Didcot Parkway.' Seeing as I was planning to go home to Didcot this weekend from Ealing, does anyone have any idea what it is/ the scale of the problem?

Normally I wouldn't bat an eyelid at delay excuses, however there is something quaintly mysterious about a problem under investigation!!

No idea at the moment I will post if I hear anything though.

tsr

Established Member
This being a station served by FGW, it probably doesn't take much for this excuse to be made - a driver probably had two sugars put in his tea instead of one or something.

GB

Established Member
There was a problem with the CSR system. All trains were at a stand untill the problem was investigated but trains are now running albeit with delays.

D1009

Established Member
It's the Cab Secure Radio system, which is required for Driver Only Operation. It looks as though something triggered an emergency alarm, which brought all trains in the area to a stand. It's pretty well back to normal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.