• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem at Shepherds Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonbridge

Established Member
There seems to have been some problem at Shepherds Bush Overground this evening which resulted in the barriers failing to open when using Oyster PAYG. Went to touch in and got the 'seek assistance' message. Tried again with the same result. Knew I had plenty of credit. Spoke to the station attendant who asked what kind of Oyster I had,I told him pay as you go and he opened the barrier and said to go through. I argued that I would probably get a maximum journey charge when touching out at my destination and he said if so phone up the helpline. Whilst this was going on a woman came along with a travelcard on her Oyster and the gate opened normally. Got my train and touched out expecting to see the maximum charge but it deducted the correct fare and everything appears to be in order so I don't know what the problem was.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Depends what journey you were making... hmm... did you note down the error number next to the Seek assistance message? If so that could be a lot of help but without it could really be anything!

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Let us know what your journey history says tomorrow, it might make things clearer. The only thing that I can think of right now is that you somehow tried to touch in twice by leaving the card in place too long. History will help though.

londonbridge

Established Member
I didn't note what the error number was but the balance showing when I touched out,and subsequently when I got the bus afterwards,was consistent with what I knew should be on my card. There was another guy who seemed to be having trouble as well (apart from the travelcard woman) which was why I thought it might be part of a wider problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.