• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem booking cheap first class with east coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

basfordlad

I am trying to book 2 first class tickets for newark north gate to newcastle singles for end of sept.

It will let me choose the cheap option for the 7.37 for one person but if i select two people it doesnt offer me the cheap option at all!,

ive tired various different dates and its the same problem!, also selected quiet coach and normal, same problem

I cant believe the is only one ticket left at the cheapest price bracked for that date?, is it worth trying to book them separately , but if i do then i could be stuck if they are indeed gone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ps , ive just gone back and checked and i get the same issue doing with standard class tickets

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum.
I cant believe the is only one ticket left at the cheapest price bracked for that date?
I can believe it!

Buy it quick!

is it worth trying to book them separately , but if i do then i could be stuck if they are indeed gone.
Yes, do 2 separate searches, and add both to your basket. They will then appear as 2 "journeys", but you can book these in one transaction.

The cheaper ticket will probably not let you change to a seat of your choice. However the second, more expensive ticket (at the higher tier price) will allow you to change the seat, you can move it so the seats are together :)

basfordlad

Thanks. Seems odd for about 4 diff dates in.Both classes!!!

I'll try that first though. We will have to sit apart lol

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I got the same result. It is possible that only one fare at the 'headline' cheap rate is available on one (or both) of the trains that itinerary involves, and once it's gone it's gone.

That's the only simple, logical explanation I can think of right now.

Established Member
Only other thing I can think of is that you've put them in your basket, but then gone back to have a look. This normally takes them out of circulation for a few hours.

It's possible the cheap ticket is the last one at that price availible therefor once thats gone the website will offer the next cheapest ticket :)

basfordlad

Thanks for the advice. The site Will as someone suggested let me book 2 tickets seperately but in the sane basket.so went ahead and did that!

Status
Not open for further replies.