• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem Chiltern Advance fare Restriction Code: CA which requires another TOC travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
I am having a problem getting quota on any Chiltern railways Advance fares with a restriction code of CA. Regardless of the journey involved, I find that if the journey requires travel on any other TOC then CH, then I can never find a journey or ticket.

For example, a Chester to Brighton CH Advance, the Route is: ✠CH &CON VIA SHR
Chester to London Route: AP CH & ATW ONLY
I have found other examples too but the point is, regardless of the route, when you look up restriction code CA this is: Valid on Chiltern Railway
(TOC CODE:NCH) services only.

It would be impossible to complete these journeys solely on CH.

The result of this is that no journeys or quota can be found. I believe this is because of the restriction code placed on the ticket does not allow travel on other TOCs.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it worth raising this with a Pricing Manager at Chiltern for resolution? (if anyone has any contact information)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sounds like it's more a matter for the other pricing managers to resolve ;)

Pricing managers read this forum like hawks, so you can be confident that relevant people will be aware of the issue very soon indeed :)

gray1404

Established Member
Sounds like it's more a matter for the other pricing managers to resolve ;)

I wonder how soon a solution will come about though..........

Pricing managers read this forum like hawks, so you can be confident that relevant people will be aware of the issue very soon indeed :)

But I would say the problem is that you cannot have a ticket with a Restriction code text that says: Chiltern Only but then the Route on the ticket allows travel on other TOCs too (i.e. Chiltern and Connections, Chiltern, ATW and Connections etc....) or moreover the that the journey in question is impossible without travel on another TOC.

Does that fact that these two pieces of information conflict in essence tell the system to allow travel on CH only and thus the journey (examples above) are impossible?

How does the role of other pricing managers with other TOCs come into play if CH is the fare setter? (I ask this not to dispute what you are saying but because I am still learning about the work involved). :)

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I don't hold all the answers you seek, but I am sure it will be looked at soon.

gray1404

Established Member
I don't hold all the answers you seek, but I am sure it will be looked at soon.

I see what you mean, so the other TOCs involved (of which there will be many different TOCs because many journeys concerned) will need to release quota.

But, going back to my previous comments about how the "Route" of the ticket depending on the journey concerned is conflicting with the Restriction code text CA which states: Chiltern Trains Only.... Does that have any bearing? (because you cannot have a restriction text of Chiltern only yet a route which DOES allow travel on other TOCs. Does this have any bearing?

Sorry if I was not clear earlier.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
OK (in light of your changed post) :) Many thanks Yorkie. As always I am very grateful for your help and insight!! :)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Gray1404 - have you tried entering simply "route High Wycombe"? This usually yields the cheaper Chiltern fares on a through ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.