• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem trying to get a Season Ticket changeover

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauldavies83

Hi all, first post on the forum so please be gentle.

I currently have an annual season ticket for my commute from Maghull (MAG) to Broadway Metrolink (BRD), which I bought in December of last year.

My place of work has changed to Manchester City centre, so i want to do a "changeover" of my journey (as per the NR T&C's for season tickets) from Maghull (MAG) to Manchester Oxford Road (MCO) so that the recalculation of fare is done using the price paid at the time of purchase and not the new increased price.

The problem I have is that I have been to four different ticket offices - Maghull, Liverpool South Parkway (Merseyrail), Manchester Oxford Road (Northern) and Manchester Piccadilly (Virgin), and none are aware of the changeover process and all have said my only option is to hand in my ticket for a refund (with admin fee applied) and buy a brand new ticket.

Firstly, am I reading the T&C's wrong, as it is my belief I am entitled to apply for a changeover.

Secondly, how can I go about actually getting the process started. Is there anyone at NR I can contact regarding this, as the lack of knowledge shown at all the ticket offices I have visited is pretty alarming. I've been trying to get somewhere with this for a good few weeks now, so I'm already out of pocket more than I should be.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received!

Many thanks

Paul

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
You're correct that you can get a changeover, but the process is quite a faff. Someone else will be along to post more about it.

rdwarr

I've done one at King's Cross so the best advice I can give is find the biggest ticket office you can in the hope that somebody there will understand. I understand there is also a form you can fill in which may ease the process.

IainH

I encountered this a while ago.

First option would be to turn up with a copy of the NRCOC and highlight the relevant section - para 37. Point out they are not at liberty to ignore the conditions in there and ask why they think they can?

If that fails exchange your ticket at the non changeover rate. Photocopy your old ticket first, and send copies of everything including the NRCOC to the relevant TOC asking for a refund of the difference, and asking why their staff are not properly trained / gave you the wrong information. The name of the person who served you will probably be on the receipt. Ask also for a gesture to cover your inconvenience.
In the remote chance that you don't get your overpaid money back at that point, raise with Passenger Focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.