• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem with deleating sound folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

I can delete individural files, but can't delete the folders which contain the files, even when they're empty. I get this error message

"cannot delete xxxx:it is being used by another person or program

close any program which might be using the program and try again"

I'm not on BVE at the moment so nothing should be using it, and it says this with empty folders.

I'm re-installing BVE due to mucking up the directories and having different versions of routes all over the place, to avoid using the wrong version.

This problem only occurs with files that do or have contained sound files. Please help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Craig

Established Member
During the boot procedure press F8 repeatedly until the XP Advanced Options menu is displayed, then select safe mode.

H

HR2

If you can rename the folder then do so by adding 'old' to the name. [before any suffixes] You should then be able to delete it.

devon_metro

Established Member
Otherise you have a program which is using them. So basically you want to get rid of it as that would most probably be a virus.

Craig

Established Member
BVE could also still be running in the background, which sometimes happens with me. Open the task manager and go to processes. If bve.exe is in the list, click it then click end process.

nutter

I've solved it, i couldn't get safe mode to work properly (wouldn't even show the scan disk) so i logged on as my dad, deleted everything in task manager except system components and taskmgr and explorer and it worked.

something else must have been using it. now is the long re install of all the british stock, oh boy, it's going to be a long night

BTW, is there any 'real' french TGV routes with a tgv in english

nutter

well we;re both admins, i think it's a case of my dad has alot less stuff allocating to his area of the hard drive, so the cpu could think about it more, and so delete it. He normally 'taps' into my area to play things like BVE and simsig

Status
Not open for further replies.