• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problem with OpenTrainTimes website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belperpete

Established Member
Is there a problem with Opentraintimes.com? The last couple of days I am just getting
"ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved. The system returned: (110) Connection timed out"

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mde

Is there a problem with Opentraintimes.com? The last couple of days I am just getting
"ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved. The system returned: (110) Connection timed out"
It certainly seems to be working here; perhaps @Poggs could advise?

Alternatively, the support page states the following:
OpenTrainTimes said:
Think you've found a bug?
Send an email to [email protected] with as much detail as possible. If you can, include a screenshot and ideally how we can reproduce the problem. We will try to get back to you as soon as we can.

Belperpete

Established Member
I have previously been able to access the bookmarked page while on the train, using the on-train TfW wifi. However, on this trip, on both outward and return journeys, my tablet couldn't connect to it. No problem with any other bookmarked sites I tried.

I later discovered it would find the site if I typed the web-site name in full (including the hpps and www), and it had no problem accessing the bookmarked page once I got home and was connected to my home wifi. I suspect that it might have been a problem with the TfW on-train wifi.

trainmania100

Established Member
Definately an ongoing issue with open train times maps. I've frequently been seeing connection timeout lately when trying to load maps, at least once a day I have been finding.

Peter C

Established Member
I was using it to see Banbury last night and it worked. Just in case this helps anyone?

-Peter

trainmania100

Established Member
Just got http error 504 that the website took too long to respond

To fix, made sure that www. was at the beginning of the url (because it wasnt), and then it worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.