• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Problems near Lowestoft today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dk1

Veteran Member
Even involved a Yarmouth-Ipswich ECS via Wensum Curve to reform a diverted East Suffolk. Very busy Anglian locals today too with the glorious weather.

tsr

Established Member
Is the Wensum Curve cleared for regular passenger traffic, should a prolonged line closure/blockade require services avoiding Norwich or, as above, travelling from the Norfolk coast to Ipswich?

Pardon me for my ignorance, but where is the "Wensum Curve"

As above, it's the line avoiding Norwich. So named after the River Wensum, a major geographical feature of the area.

dk1

Veteran Member
Is the Wensum Curve cleared for regular passenger traffic, should a prolonged line closure/blockade require services avoiding Norwich or, as above, travelling from the Norfolk coast to Ipswich?

It is not signalled for passenger operation. This can be arranged for special workings but its very rare.

TheEdge

Established Member

Like dk1 says its rare but not unknown. The most common non regular use of the curve is to send units that would normally be sent down the East Suffolk but can't due to disruption to Ipswich.

Saying that I think the only regular timetabled use (beyond as needed depot moves) is the Harwich - North Walsham tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.